Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO Waterfowl Chronicles

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Got to the launch at 4am, determined to get to my spot. We arrived and put decoys out and the time was 5am. We stayed in the pirogues out in the water so we don’t get ate up in the grass by skeeters. Let’s just say almost every teal that came in didn’t leave the pond. Killed our limit and rolled out.
IMG_4187.jpeg
IMG_4188.png

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Got to the launch at 4am, determined to get to my spot. We arrived and put decoys out and the time was 5am. We stayed in the pirogues out in the water so we don’t get ate up in the grass by skeeters. Let’s just say almost every teal that came in didn’t leave the pond. Killed our limit and rolled out. View attachment 184883View attachment 184884
That’s a good haul right there! Nice work!

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Did the other guys show up to hunt the last time? if so, they may get up a bit earlier this time to beat you….soon you guys will be getting up at midnight.
No one showed today and the last two times I was beat, it was different hunters. Legally, you can’t inter the NWR till 4am. I have no intentions to play let’s sleep in a spot to get it, I’m old and it’s not worth it. Anyone worth their salt should have plan b, c and d in their back pocket. If not, public land won’t be for you.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Well after waiting an hour and a half for daylight, we started screwing the pooch. Knocked down four and should’ve had 3 more. Finally a flock of 10-12 came in and we dropped 6. Needed 2 more for the limit and had to wait another hour or better and 4 came in and only two flew off. Limited out.
IMG_4191.jpeg
71760233088__0165AA37-0B06-44E9-BB2B-2967E2BA2338.jpeg
IMG_4198.jpeg

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Got to the pond earlier than ever, had one guy already there. He said sure so we all sat in the dark waiting for daybreak. 20 minutes till shooting time and I set the decoys and mojos out. Day broke and we picked off a few. Not much other shooting heard and we killed one here and there till 10:30 when we dropped the 18th bird for our limit. Was a great teal season, wonder what else gonna get in the freezer next 😂
IMG_4210.jpeg
IMG_4213.jpeg
IMG_4209.jpeg

Last edited: