Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Traditional archery stuff

Jamie

Ohio
I have recently come to possess all of the finished arrows, arrow shafts, fletching jigs, broadheads, field points, quivers of various styles (no bow quivers, though), packs and other stuff that belonged to a friend of mine that is now deceased. I'm going to sell the things that have some monetary value, hundreds of shafts and finished arrows. shafts from 40-45 to 65-70, finished arrows are going to be 28" bop, so only useful to somebody pulling around 27 1/2" or less. If there is any interest here, I will post pics or answer questions

Jamie

Ohio
I suspect anything from 50 and 70, but mostly in the 55-65 range. there are so many that I would have to check them. some are actually marked with the spine. Dean had lots of different bows that he shot, so I'm sure there is plenty of a variety of spine weights.

Jamie

Ohio
I should explain that I have all this stuff not because I want or need it (most of it is useless to me as I have just as much or more of the same stuff already and all the finished arrows are much too short for me to use), but because I suspect that it would sit in the shop and garage until his widow passes on at which time his daughters who have no interest or use for any of it would likely toss it in a dumpster for lack of a better way to get rid of it. Some of this stuff is really not worth anything, but most of it certainly is. Although she does not need or want anything for all of the equipment I carted off, I intend to return the proceeds from whatever I can sell back to Mary. The couple of things I'd like to keep for myself will be payment enough for my trouble, and there is so much really good stuff that I just have to find new homes for it somehow.

Geezer II

Bountiful Hunting Grounds Beyond.
portage county oh
I should explain that I have all this stuff not because I want or need it (most of it is useless to me as I have just as much or more of the same stuff already and all the finished arrows are much too short for me to use), but because I suspect that it would sit in the shop and garage until his widow passes on at which time his daughters who have no interest or use for any of it would likely toss it in a dumpster for lack of a better way to get rid of it. Some of this stuff is really not worth anything, but most of it certainly is. Although she does not need or want anything for all of the equipment I carted off, I intend to return the proceeds from whatever I can sell back to Mary. The couple of things I'd like to keep for myself will be payment enough for my trouble, and there is so much really good stuff that I just have to find new homes for it somehow.
Photos

Reactions: Jamie

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
Jamie - I would be interested in some of the finished arrows and possibly the fletching jig. Some of the Broadheads depending on what they are. I certainly don’t want to keep any other members from getting anything they want so I will take some of what others don’t want.

Jamie

Ohio
No worries, Jon. there aren't enough interested parties hereabouts for you to worry about, but I'm also offering dibs to my trad friends who knew Dean. It's a very small market.

I have two Jo-Jan multi-fletchers for sale. I have not checked the clamps, but I'm guessing that 6 are left wing, 6 are right. I have Woodsman, Ribtek and some Snuffers along with a bunch of trade points that would need to be tied on. I'm going back to work tomorrow for the first time since getting new hip. I'll try and get some pics up tomorrow night.

Also have two daypacks (both Cabela's), a Camelback, three arrow cases for travel or storage, and about a dozen "Masters of the Barebow" DVD's still in the shrink wrap.

Reactions: 5Cent
Well my draw is 27.5 so some of the arrows might work out for me.
A travel arrow case is something I have always needed
I did get to hunt turkeys and mushrooms a few times with dean. I shot a few of his bows on are trips so having a dozen of his arrows to hunt with would be great.
You could also hit the OSTA state shoot, that would probably help find new homes for Dean’s equipment.

Reactions: giles

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
Jamie - thanks. Let me know what’s left after the guys that knew him have a chance. I am interested in some finished arrows, fletching jig, glue on broadheads, and field tips. Probably would be interested in some shafts as well.

Reactions: finelyshedded

Jamie

Ohio
Jamie - thanks. Let me know what’s left after the guys that knew him have a chance. I am interested in some finished arrows, fletching jig, glue on broadheads, and field tips. Probably would be interested in some shafts as well.
no waiting needed. more than enough to go around. what spine arrows do you need and which type of broadheads?

Jamie

Ohio
arrows, arrows, arrows. The Lone Wolf Alpha climber is for sale, too. it's just the stand itself, no climbing aid. I could not find the rest of it. it might not have ever been used.
IMG_3752.jpg

IMG_3753.jpg

IMG_3754.jpg

unknown head on the far left, 145gr Ribtek, 190gr Ribtek, 190gr Grizzly, Snuffer and Woodsman. brand new armguard with knife.
IMG_3755.jpg

IMG_3751.jpg