Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Turkey Season Live Update

Diablo54

Outside
Called in 3 turkeys this weekend within 40 yards. Called in another one to 60 yards yesterday but he got hung up on a log. Heading out for a quick before school hunt.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I woke up at 5 to a torrential down pour, so I had some breakfast and waited it out. By 7 it was still pouring, so I gave up and went the gym before work. If I didn't have to work today, I would have went out after it let up. I was supposed to be off, but had to go in for a meeting at 9:30. I'll be out tomorrow though...

buckeye b

Huron Co.
In the woods at 5:45 .A hen was already on the ground, yelping. At 6 a gobbler started. At 6:30 I was headed for the truck. This one will be hard to beat. Great morning in the fog. Good hunting everyone, Lonnie

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Is your buddy doing any other hunting at that property this year by chance ?

Not sure. He has a permission slip, but he lives an hour and a half away.
I told him he could come up again when ever he wanted.
If he does I'll let you know, hes a good dude, little whacky sometimes, but good guy all the same.

Diablo54

Outside
Congrats jesse! My dad learned a lesson the hard way this morning. He went to cross a creek last week and the board he was walking on broke in half and he went in. His gun was completely submerged in the water. When he got home he didnt clean the gun and turned me down when i offered to do it. Lol. This morning he called in three gobblers to 15 yards. He squeezed but nothing happened. He squeezed again but nothing happened. He pushed the safety back and forth and got nothing. He jacked the shell out and went to squeeze again before
They could get away and nothing.
They then ran away. When the gun fell into the water the firing pin got wet and it rusted and it takes several tries for it to go off. Lol