Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

uglykats big announcment

my main objective is to shoot the catfishing past time into outerspace so to speak , bass fisherman get all the glory for catching my bait , so why should bass fishermen get all the glory for a 7 pound fish , when i can use that 7 pound fish and catch me a 70 pound fish , although i rarely use anything over a pound for bait, but anyway , i may not be a big time angler right now and thats how i want it to be , i wanna show people that you dont have to have alot of money to make it far in tournament angling , thats why i wanna start with the pay lake tournaments , start small and work my way up , plus some of the pay outs and these paylake tournaments rival some of the semi pro bass angler tournaments , it would get my name out there along with my sponsors names.each year move up another level until im competing with the big boys , then one day when catfishing is rivaling bass fishing i can look back and say "you know what i was a small part in getting it to where it is now" i wanna go from the rock bottom and then help those that are just starting out get to the top , and i wanna bring my borthers here along for the ride weather i succed or fail its gonna be a fun ride

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
Mark good luck with your passion, you will find out when it comes to professional fishing it's not so much how good of a fisherman you are as to how well you interact with the sponsors.... If you get along with them and they like you your fishing doesn't have to be all that good..... As long as your personable and people can relate to you it should go pretty well for you... But and always a but.... Sponships are shrinking and money is tight so try to look for the sponsore everyone else is overlooking..... Mix it up so to speak.... But once you have them or should I say they have you, you'll be very busy with little time for fishing lol.... Good luck.....

Spot on advice right there. Well said.

rrr

Sometime I need to tell you about the only catfish I have ever taken...pitchforked it in Lake Erie...

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Sounds like you know what you like to do and want to make your living by it. Absolutely nothing wrong with that and best of luck to you.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Good luck dude. Get you a nice fishing jersey and I'll pay to put TOO.com on there and send you some free decals. (BTW, I'll have some decals next week!)

Bout time slacker... LMAO.. Can they make a larger one for the back of my truck?