Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Vacation planning .....

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Who's going where ? We're going to to Gatlinburg .....actually, I hate the place, but the wife and her kids all rented a mountaintop cabin in a few weeks & I'll drive down at the end & then take her to Surfside Beach for a while. She's out looking now at clothes & I told her I want a new Hawaiian shirt. She's texting me pics of different ones. I told her I wanted one with upside down pineapples & she didn't understand. I told her to ask a clerk ... :ROFLMAO: . We'll be back at Surfside right before Strouds as well.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Pigeon Forge with the camper. First serious road trip with it and we have sweet campsite on the river in a resort with all sort of amenities, including a pool for the kids. Unfortunately, I'll need to take a second mortgage to go to Dollywood one day, but I get to so something I want to do, too. We're renting a sweet 6-seater SxS one day so we can cruise a bunch of the scenic routes. We'll play a few days, relax around camp a few days, I'll drink too much and we'll all eat like kings and queens. Should be a good way to spend way too much money! 😂

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Pigeon Forge with the camper. First serious road trip with it and we have sweet campsite on the river in a resort with all sort of amenities, including a pool for the kids. Unfortunately, I'll need to take a second mortgage to go to Dollywood one day, but I get to so something I want to do, too. We're renting a sweet 6-seater SxS one day so we can cruise a bunch of the scenic routes. We'll play a few days, relax around camp a few days, I'll drink too much and we'll all eat like kings and queens. Should be a good way to spend way too much money! 😂
Look at the redneck roller coaster while you’re there! It’s a blast. Especially at night….

Reactions: Jackalope

Clay Showalter

Southern member northern landowner
Guilford County
Camping for a week in our camper and my son's camper at a really remote lake in the NC mountains. Rented a pontoon boat for the week should be a great time with all my sons and their wives/girlfriends.

Lake Santeetlah
IMG_0083.png

Deersurgeon

We live about 40 miles east of Dollywood and have yearly passes. My kids love the park and it very nice as well as clean. The dinner shows (Dixie Stampede and Hatfield McCoy) in the area are good as well and are great for a family activity.

Deersurgeon

We just got back from the OBX - we go every year and was probably the worst weather we have ever had with low temperatures and rain. Unfortunately the offshore fishing trip was canceled due to weather but we made the most it. I’ve been trying to convince my wife to look for another beach destination like Destin and anyone with any other recommendations?

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
We just got back from the OBX - we go every year and was probably the worst weather we have ever had with low temperatures and rain. Unfortunately the offshore fishing trip was canceled due to weather but we made the most it. I’ve been trying to convince my wife to look for another beach destination like Destin and anyone with any other recommendations?
Hilton head was our go too when we had kids…. Lots of activities for everyone of all ages…

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
@Clay Showalter I had to laugh. I know exactly where that is located. Was in my waders trout fishing with my cousin close to there a few years ago. You are correct though: that area doesn't see near the traffic some of the other areas see. Beautiful country. There is a great hike not far from there. Wish I remembered the name. Beautiful. Unlike anything in the park.

Clay Showalter

Southern member northern landowner
Guilford County
@Clay Showalter I had to laugh. I know exactly where that is located. Was in my waders trout fishing with my cousin close to there a few years ago. You are correct though: that area doesn't see near the traffic some of the other areas see. Beautiful country. There is a great hike not far from there. Wish I remembered the name. Beautiful. Unlike anything in the park.
Yea I have trout fished many places around there. It is the part of NC that the rest of NC doesn't know exist. We love that part of the state. The hike you are talking about, was it Joyce Kilmer Memorial Forest, which is one of the largest old growth forests in the eastern USA

Reactions: hickslawns