Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What was the first album you ever purchased?

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
IMG_2327.jpeg

Mine was The Beatles Sgt. Pepper….as a matter of fact I believe my first few albums were from the Beatles. Ended up owning about half of the albums in the above collage along with many that aren’t pictured.

Reactions: GoetsTalon

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
In the music part of my life I was extremely lucky to have two older brothers who I shared a the same interests in music. They both had large selection of albums that I had access too….
If‘n I’m remembering correctly, I bought 2 albums at the same time, Supertramp breakfast in America, Kansas dust in the wind were the first purchases…. I was stationed in Arkansas, had just bought a stereo system off of a guy going PSC to Korea…. Don’t ask me what I had for dinner last night, though…… 😂😂😂😂

8 Tracks for me. Rufus Tell Me Something Good! Also at the same time Charlie Rich Behind Closed Doors. I'm Eclectic that way. Actually there were like 10 of them for 99 cents from record club of America. Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings, Carlos Santana, George Benson, Frank Zappa, etc. You know the usual stuff!

8 Tracks for me. Rufus Tell Me Something Good! Also at the same time Charlie Rich Behind Closed Doors. I'm Eclectic that way. Actually there were like 10 of them for 99 cents from record club of America. Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings, Carlos Santana, George Benson, Frank Zappa, etc. You know the usual stuff!
Then i only had to by 8 more in the next 3 years!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
One summer as a teenager I saved up some money and bought my own Sony Discman. That same day I bought my first two CD’s. One was the Sixteen Stone album by Bush. And the other was Wonderwall by Oasis.

I then later went on to order the “10 free CD’s” from the clearinghouse add and then never ordered anything more or paid a dime. I made sure they were indeed free. 😂

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
20230807_094558.jpg
20230807_100115.jpg

Alright, had to go on the search and found one tote. There's another that's full too. I forgot exactly how many I have, but most of the goodies of classic rock of my time growing up. Now I suppose I'll play around with them today. Thanks fellas! 😃

Last edited: