Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Zero Turns.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Going to take a look at it Sunday. Guy says it doesn't have any issues. Plan to look over the deck and pulleys real good and pull the plug to see if it's burning oil. I'll let it get hot and run it around some to check the hydros. What else should I pay attention to? The guy has it listed at 1,800 which is very reasonable. MSRP on the mower was $7,900. I saw the same models with more hours at tractor dealers online for anywhere between $2,400-3,300

@hickslawns

Reactions: MoonLab

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
My buddy bought one of these about 15-20yrs ago. Mowed 5 acres of rock hard clay. Rougher than a cob. Seemed to hold up well for him. I was impressed. I think he gave around $5k at a year or two old. They looked pretty stout. I never ran it. That's all I know on them.

Reactions: Jackalope

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Going to take a look at it Sunday. Guy says it doesn't have any issues. Plan to look over the deck and pulleys real good and pull the plug to see if it's burning oil. I'll let it get hot and run it around some to check the hydros. What else should I pay attention to? The guy has it listed at 1,800 which is very reasonable. MSRP on the mower was $7,900. I saw the same models with more hours at tractor dealers online for anywhere between $2,400-3,300

@hickslawns
grease fittings

Reactions: hickslawns
Do not by a walker. Everytime I am hope I am fixing my dads. Over complicated hydraulics, hardly any access for maintenance, gimmicky add ons, and the steering is overly sensitive and jerky if you are not used to it. I call it the skymall of zero turns.

Reactions: Jackalope

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Bought that cub commercial. Well taken care of machine. Stored indoors, the seat doesn't even have a crack in it after 11 years. Serviced yearly at the dealer, belts and blades in like-new condition, hydro oil was good and clean and didn't smell burnt, greasable joints even still had clean grease around the edges. No rust on the deck around the pulleys or anywhere except on wear or hot surfaces. A real solid machine, he was asking 1,800 I kinda felt bad asking what he needed out if it and him saying $1,700.

I think the best thing in all this was I was having trouble locating a trailer to rent that was wide enough with a ramp. I've been spoiled with Jim my FIL being right down the road 😅. Plenty of small 5x8 but the mower is 59 inches. So our area of the county has a Facebook group and I posted to see if anyone had one I could rent. A neighbor about a mile down the road let me borrow his and refused to let me pay him. This guy doesn't know me from Adam. In today's times, it's nice to see a man can still look to his neighbors for help if he's in a bind. Saw a bunch of that after the hurricane also, people helping people. Stopping by the local butcher to pick up a couple ribeyes for when I return the trailer this evening.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Home and cleaned up. Thanks guys for your advice and info.

20201129_150114.jpg

20201129_150056.jpg
20201129_150141.jpg