Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2011 Kubota RTV 900

Status
Not open for further replies.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
This is my old man's. It's been maintained like an old guy with money owned it :cool:

Listed at $7,500. If by chance someone from TOOville wants it, I can get ya a discount.

This is an absolute workhorse, but if you have steep hills, I would not recommend it. But it'll haul well over 1K #s in the bed like nothing.

2011 Model RTV 900 – 322 Hours
3-Cylinder Diesel, 4X4 w/ locking differential
Power steering, hydraulic dump, roof, windshield, bed liner, grill guard, hitch receiver front/back
Purchased and serviced at Hurst (Lashley) in Marietta
Garage kept in excellent shape
PM for Details

IMG_3882.JPG
IMG_3883.JPG
IMG_3884.JPG
IMG_3886.JPG
IMG_3888.JPG

Buckmaster

Portage
That’s your favorite toy...Why the sale? Wife said I’m in the market in June after her second Master’s is complete.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
It's geared to pull the chrome off a hitch, so it won't turn the RPMs to get up a hill. If you have a long, straight climb, that's fine. But none of the trails we have qualify as "straight" and because it's geared so low, it slides going downhill if there's any moisture in the ground. I had to leave it in the holler twice this winter and wait for it to freeze because I couldn't get it back up the hill. It's simply not capable of "making a run for it".

That is definitely good to know. We had gotten stuck on the side of one particular hill a couple times with the 4 wheeler and had to go the long ways around. Was also a tune up issue at the time but still is a cross your fingers ride up any other time, especially if it's wet with leaves.

Big H

Medina

Don't limit your options to just the Kubota brand. I tried all of them, (Polaris, Can Am, JD Kubota etc...). A really good friend of mine is a Kubota dealer, and they did not have the Sidekick at the time I was looking. I actually took a gas powered Kubota down to our place and it did not have the umphhh to get up our hills unless I put it in low range, plus the seat was really uncomfortable. I eventually decided on a Mahindra for many reasons, and I have not been disappointed in the least.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
We're not limiting it to Kubota, that's just one option I chose to share. I'm pretty well versed on the SxS market and would prefer a Honda Pioneer. That said, it's not my money; I'm just the advisor, so if he wants another Kubota, that's what we'll get.

Status
Not open for further replies.