Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2020-2021 SEASON DEER HARVEST SUMMARY

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Thought this was good information to share on here if by chance you aren't aware that these numbers are now readily available going forward.

DEER HARVEST NUMBERS

The Ohio Division of Wildlife deer harvest numbers are posted each Wednesday throughout the hunting season. A final report is also posted after the conclusion of the archery season.

The harvest numbers are raw data that is dependent on three main factors: population levels, hunter participation, and regulations. Click on a season below to see weekly deer harvest numbers.

September 30, 2020 [pdf] *

October 6, 2020 [pdf]*

*A controlled youth gun hunt was conducted in Trumbull County, which accounts for the difference between the archery harvest and the all harvest. All Ohioans may apply for Ohio Division of Wildlife controlled hunts annually in July.

Source: https://ohiodnr.gov/wps/portal/gov/...oating/hunting-resources/deer-harvest-summary

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
@hickslawns on the bright side, it looks like your harvest numbers are similar to my area now.

I don't think it has hit the entire county. Just a pocket of our county. . . .. the pocket that covers all my hunting spots. 🤣🤣🤣🤮🤬😭

Oh well. Such is life. Nature's way of balancing herself out.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I'm sorry Red. I have "some" deer. Just not sure I can justify shooting one for the freezer. We will see. Maybe as the crops come off I will get a better feel for our numbers.

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Deer Harvest Summary Update - the last two weeks:

October 20, 2020 [pdf]

October 13, 2020 [pdf]

EHD in Ohio (Updated Oct. 9, 2020)

Source: https://ohiodnr.gov/wps/portal/gov/...ildlife-disease/epizootic-hemorrhagic-disease

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
For those that may be interested, below are the latest 'harvest summary numbers' of the last two weeks. My county, which is Ross, went from 1,660 in the 12/1 report to 2,458 in the 12/8 report for the all harvest total, an added harvest of 798 deer, 290 of which were bucks within that week, which to me, the overall total harvest number is a fairly significant jump for just one week.

December 8, 2020 [pdf]

December 1, 2020 [pdf]

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
i think they calculate some of the deer numbers like they do the covid numbers. we hunted all week in knox and licking and heard very few shots. there were a few days towards the end of the week we heard quite a bit of shooting but they were all from the same guns and same property.

Reactions: giles

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
i think they calculate some of the deer numbers like they do the covid numbers. we hunted all week in knox and licking and heard very few shots. there were a few days towards the end of the week we heard quite a bit of shooting but they were all from the same guns and same property.

Yeah, I kind of wonder the same cause I certainly did not hear a whole lot of shooting going on in my neck of the woods as well. For the entire week I might have heard no more the 25 shots and most were a long, long ways away from me.