Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Auction find

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
B90AC9CC-A6A5-496B-A45B-5898B032D619.jpeg

Going to an auction tomorrow and this was on their auction site preview. Don’t know if they are any good but the arrows look to be feathers and the packaging looks old. Any suggestions on how much is too much to bid?

Reactions: 5Cent

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Not much, imo. Those look like the cheap aluminum arrows that every box store sold in the 80’s. Instead of the nock end being tapered aluminum, most had a plastic insert. I thought they were junk back then and I haven’t changed my thoughts on the matter. But, they may be a gem when you actually lay eyes on them. Those look like a couple of Bear bows. No idea the value.

Jamie

Ohio
At an auction I’d imagine a couple hundo might get all of that. Those are cheap aluminum arrows for sure, but I don’t know enough about Bear bows to say if those are worth anything or not.

Reactions: Sgt Fury

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
I’m pretty sure those are 76ers. A quick look on eBay makes it appear 100-175 for bows in good shape.
I checked eBay and I think you’re right…looks like a bear 76er. They are for sale on there between $150-200…so if I can get both bows for under $100, I can make a little bit of money. I just hope there isn’t someone there with the same idea. Sometimes you can get great deals at this auction. Two weeks ago I bought two brand new fishing rods for $2.50 each.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I checked eBay and I think you’re right…looks like a bear 76er. They are for sale on there between $150-200…so if I can get both bows for under $100, I can make a little bit of money. I just hope there isn’t someone there with the same idea. Sometimes you can get great deals at this auction. Two weeks ago I bought two brand new fishing rods for $2.50 each.
Ugly Stiks? 😂

Reactions: MoonLab

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Went to the auction which started at 2:00. They had lots of stuff outside and would be doing the outside auction until at least 6-7:00. I peeked inside and saw the bows all the way in the back on a shelf….that section is usually last to be auctioned and they probably wouldn’t get to it until around 9-10:00 tonight. Nothing else that the wife or myself were interested in so we decided it wasn’t worth waiting that long so we left. Maybe next time.