Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

WTB Belt driven fan

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Screenshot_20230530-213445_Facebook.jpg

Reactions: giles

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio

View attachment 179049

DuctlessAire ENERGY STAR Single Zone 24000-BTU 21 SEER Ductless Mini Split Air Conditioner and Heater with 25-ft Installation Kit​

It'll be an upgrade hopefully :giggle:

View attachment 179050

Getting ready to head out and pick this unit up @Lowe's for my 20' x 35' x 16' workshop.

Anyone own one? Interested in any shared experiences, thanks!

I've used different manufactures (such as Lieberts or Honeywells) in the past for datacenters and IDF closets. This will be my first personally owned unit. I'll install it sometime later this week or weekend.

Installation is about to happen, and for good reason. Stay hydrated & cool out there today!

1685628347161.png

SmartSelect_20230601_100717_One UI Home.jpg

Reactions: giles

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Installation is about to happen, and for good reason. Stay hydrated & cool out there today!

View attachment 179130
View attachment 179131

So, I have to share this with you all.

When I went and picked up the new unit for curbside pickup, the young lady brought out just the one large box. I asked her if that was it and she responded, "yes". Even after I loaded the unit in the back of the pickup, I asked her again if that was it because to me, I was expecting more with the order, but she insisted that was all of it.

Well, apparently she was wrong.

I just got off the phone with Lowes after having me hold forever. They have three more boxes for me at customer service waiting on me. I'm headed out to go pick them up right now, but for my inconvenience, they gave another 20% off of what I originally paid for it, which it was on sale when I made the purchase over the holiday.

The MSRP or current price at Lowes today is $1,856.45. I purchased it over the holiday weekend for $1,469.00 on sale. After today's additional 20% off for all my trouble, the final out of pocket cost for the little 2 ton mini split unit is now $1,175.20

Not a bad deal, although I don't think I'll finish up the project today, it'll just have to wait until tomorrow sometime.

tumblr_m5dwu7tQqH1r29478o1_500-3717435818.gif

Last edited:

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
So, I have to share this with you all.

When I went and picked up the new unit for curbside pickup, the young lady brought out just the one large box. I asked her if that was it and she responded, "yes". Even after I loaded the unit in the back of the pickup, I asked her again if that was it because to me, I was expecting more with the order, but she insisted that was all of it.

Well, apparently she was wrong.

I just got off the phone with Lowes after having me hold forever. They have three more boxes for me at customer service waiting on me. I'm headed out to go pick them up right now, but for my inconvenience, they gave another 20% off of what I originally paid for it, which it was on sale when I made the purchase over the holiday.

The MSRP or current price at Lowes today is $1,856.45. I purchased it over the holiday weekend for $1,469.00 on sale. After today's additional 20% off for all my trouble, the final out of pocket cost for the little 2 ton mini split unit is now $1,175.20

Not a bad deal, although I don't think I'll finish up the project today, it'll just have to wait until tomorrow sometime.

View attachment 179142

20230601_181121.jpg

For future reference should anyone ever choose to purchase one of these mini-slits in the future.

There should be (4) four separate individual 📦 boxes when purchased as advertised; the large head control unit, the large outdoor condenser/heat pump/invertor, a medium box 📦 with several feet of copper tubing and a small box 📦 with 1 - 25' twisted/four (4) 16AWG conductors inside a rubber shield electrical cable, plus additional six (6) piece set of wall transition plum pieces for the cable installation.

Hopefully this will avoid any costly delays in ones installation when everything is picked up on the first trip at your local supplier.

Good luck!