Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

BigCountry's Home improvements

Bigcountry40

So we bought our current house about a year and half ago and I have been steadily making improvements myself over that time period.
1st project was building shelving and cabinets in the corners on each side of the fireplace. Old owners has some store bough metal shelving that is attach to the wall. The old owners also left me tons of boards and materials, which I ended reusing.
corner shelf 2.jpg corner shelf 1.jpg
Next was the dining room. I tore up the old disgusting blue carpet, laid down new snap in flooring then put new trim in the entire room. I also was having some drywall issues, so I ship-lapped the entire wall and painted. shiplap.jpgnew floor.jpg
Lastly since I am on paid administrative leave from work currently(I will tell that story at a later time), I decided to build a new dining room table and will be finish tomorrow dining room table.jpg.

I will try to find some pics of the rooms before we moved so ya'll can see a comparison.

Last edited:

Bigcountry40

I will have to check it out. The price is right. I assume you have to buy a separate pad for that or does it come with one already on?
You have to buy the underneath padding separate, I went with the pricier under padding to try to help reduce the echoing in the dining. I don't know if it made any difference.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina

I will have to check it out. The price is right. I assume you have to buy a separate pad for that or does it come with one already on?
You have to buy the underneath padding separate, I went with the pricier under padding to try to help reduce the echoing in the dining. I don't know if it made any difference.

Talking to people who’ve installed and they have all said don’t skimp on the underlayment....

Reactions: cspot

Bigcountry40

Talking to people who’ve installed and they have all said don’t skimp on the underlayment....
I was told the same, I actually to put down 5/8ths osb then the under layment to get the proper match height to the carpet, I couldnt be happier with the results

Reactions: cspot
I was told the same, I actually to put down 5/8ths osb then the under layment to get the proper match height to the carpet, I couldnt be happier with the results
Yes it is one of the keys to it working well. I know that some laminate has the underlayment already on it. I figured though if it was .99 per sf that it probably didn't.