Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Blood tales...

Stressless

Keene, OH
We all know the need for blood arises from accidents, operations, mishaps etc.. in my short time on TOO I've noticed many members and/or family here have needed the gift of life, Blood. As we approach the coming holidays with gratitude and luck, now is a great time to donate, truly an impartial gift of life to a complete stranger. Please be a blood donor if you can.

This donation makes 7 gallons of O negative from me, heck of a blood trail/tale over the years.

20211211_131927.jpg

Stressless

Keene, OH

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Ya, Execs at the Non-for profit.... but I want a well run bloody ship when I'm the recipient or at very least the donor. 🤣

Here's a listing of some of the background on ARC and Oneblood and the software that controls half the nations blood supply, as well as the $ for execs at Oneblood.
https://www.redcross.org/about-us/n...ed-cross-form-regulated-software-company.html
I’ve always had heartburn with United Way and the Red Cross. I have donated in the past both monetarily and in donating blood. My wife worked for the Red Cross back in the 80’s when we lived in Columbus. She was one of the folks drawing the blood on the drives at various locations and had drawn my blood as well quite a few times.
Elizabeth Dole was the person in charge back then, yes Bob Doles wife. No political move whatsoever there 🙄. The blood is donated, processed, then sold too hospitals. They make quite a bit of a profit in the process. Hence s the 6 figure salaries for the multitude of higher ups.
The Red Cross does provide a valuable service on many fronts, I won’t take that away from them. But when the salaries that are shown in the link above, show the millions that are put out for figure heads, and policy makers. It just seems a little ridiculous too me. The people listed above is just a small fraction of the people making good money. Each region has a multitude of figure heads as well. They justify it as how much work and time that’s involved in the process, but these jobs are typically a calling, not a money making, excessive benefits package deal. IMHO….

Stressless

Keene, OH
FL OneBlood just merged with a couple others, one in CO and NH etc where I used to be stationed. They sent me an update on total donations, my total is now 11.25 with another one dropped off today for post Mardi Gras shenaniganers.

Pls give if you can, it is life.

31665.jpeg