Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Bow setup - setup Akron/Canton area

Kempire

Finally was able to scrape up enough pennies to get my hands on a carbon Hoyt rx3 ultra (albeit used). I'm currently in process of switching all my goodies off my old set up over to it and building a new set of arrows (had to change spines because of dif draw weight), but then I'm going to be in need of a proper setup and tuning. I've gone to Bounce Archery for my last 2 bows and have always been happy with that shop (Dustin seems like a good dude), however, with all the new wiz bang technologies on these Hoyts I was considering taking it to a Hoyt dealer (Bounce is primarily Mathews, PSE, and Elite). I know Fin in North Canton is a Hoyt dealer and I've always had a good experience with customer service at that place, but I've never had work done by their archery department. Looking to see if anyone has any experience or recommendations from that perspective. I need cam sync, realign center shot and nock point, sight level, and would prefer to get all the way to paper tuned. I'm a bit obsessive about my gear, but if I miss a biggin out in the woods I want to know it was my fault, not my equipment.

Appreciate your thoughts fellas

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Dustin hooked me up years ago when he was at Hadley's. Didn't know he had his own shop, so good for him. Even though he's a Mathews guy, he's still a world class archer and bow tech. I only lived up there for 10 months and don't know squat about Hoyts, so I'm not much help other than saying Dustin is still a good choice for bow work. I was shooting a bow off the shelf from Wal-Mart and he made things right.

Kempire

Dustin hooked me up years ago when he was at Hadley's. Didn't know he had his own shop, so good for him. Even though he's a Mathews guy, he's still a world class archer and bow tech. I only lived up there for 10 months and don't know squat about Hoyts, so I'm not much help other than saying Dustin is still a good choice for bow work. I was shooting a bow off the shelf from Wal-Mart and he made things right.
Dustin still runs Hadley's, he renamed it a couple year's back.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: bowhunter1023