Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Burr Oak Seedling

Milo

Tatonka guide.
I have some Burr Oak Seedlings for sale. Strong growers and excellent acorn production. $8 bucks per tree. These are potted trees so you can care for them before you get to your hunting property. I have metal stakes and tree shelter/grow tubes available as well. I strongly recommend grow tubes to keep the deer browse way down. The survivability will go way up with a shelter. Offering a stake, grow tube and tree for $20.
7FD8B34C-2373-4878-9682-2AC489D58BC9.jpeg

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I also have a limited number of swamp white oaks as well. I harvested these off trees I planted 12 years ago so that’s really cool to me.
Very interested in these. I'm assuming the swampy end of our Creek bottom field would be a good spot for these?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I'll take 5 of the $20 specials. I need to keep my ground "agricultural zoned" in order to park race trucks, camper, backhoes, and push boxes there. I'm a tree farmer dammit!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Ha! And I’m chairman of the zoning committee. 😀
Not in my township. Stay over in your liberal shit county. Lol

And I'm not sure if your county is even liberal. Just the fact it is Ben. He dishes it out. You have to dish it back. Let him know you still.like him.

Last edited:

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
I'm not an expert on the topic, however this video was just released moments ago regarding white oaks acorn production. A study was done by the University of Tennessee that sheds some light on what method seems to work best in getting the most potential of acorn production out of the oaks you're growing. I am an active follower of the channel so, I thought I'd share this info on your thread for those that may be interested in that study.

Last edited: