Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Concave Breech Plug

As I understand it, a Concave Breech Plug is necessary for loose powder.
Concave Breech Plug.jpg

I have the Standard Breech Plug that came with my CVA Optima LR V2 50 Cal. and I've been shooting White Hots pellets with no issues.
C Replacement Standard BP.jpg

Would switching to the Concave Breech Plug offer better ignition, for both propellants? 🤔
Kinda like a Hot Shot nipple on a sidelock muzzleloader?

Fletch

Supporting Member
The one on top looks like a Blackthorn 209 breech plug... They have the bigger hole... I tried Blackthorn 209 and and stuck with the pellets... I'm still using the 209 plug and having no problems igniting the pellets... Reason I stuck with the 209 breech plug was it worked and hole was bigger thus less issues with clogging up ..

Reactions: Bowhunter57
The one on top looks like a Blackthorn 209 breech plug... They have the bigger hole... I tried Blackthorn 209 and and stuck with the pellets... I'm still using the 209 plug and having no problems igniting the pellets... Reason I stuck with the 209 breech plug was it worked and hole was bigger thus less issues with clogging up ..
The bigger hole is what I'm after for easier cleaning and better and/or improved ignition. I've not had any ignition issues, but I don't want to invite any either and if the concave breech plug would eliminate that issue, all the more reason to buy one. They're only $32 and I see that as "cheap insurance". 👍