Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Coyote hunting from a truck?

OhioHunter88

Perry County
I can't seem to find any info. Can anyone provide legitimate information on coyote hunting from a vehicle? I'm talking Texas or out west style of a rack in the bed of a pickup and shooting from up there? Thanks

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
I saw a hunting show a few months ago and they were in Texas. They had a tower blind in the back of a truck and would drive around the ranch and park the truck. The truck wasn’t under power while they were hunting so I’m not sure about driving the vehicle while hunting. Sorry I can’t remember the name of the show but you can probably check YouTube.

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
I think this applies to you, from the hunting regulations under general info
06CE669F-111B-4798-A00F-7B6D89ED7636.png

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
"Are you checking fences w/a slow moving vehicle sign on the truck" Agriculture is how I get by with my 4 wheeler on a paved road. Sheriffs department taught me that. Call the area Warden. He should help answer that.

Bowkills

Nw oh
Hum. Can u ride a bike with a loaded gun of you are off the road? saw a guy not hunting but out along a creek and it made think of this....

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
FoxPro Furtakers had a few episodes from Texas. All of them they are parked with the truck turned off. Climb up on a platform in the back of the truck with the shooter sitting higher up on a seat.

Seeing that rule that was posted I would say they get away with it by saying the vehicle is farm use equipment.