Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Crossbow Broadheads

Chancegriffis

Salesville ohio

Attachments

• 03E40DDA-EB1F-43A5-894D-42AD8CAF7CD6.png
    03E40DDA-EB1F-43A5-894D-42AD8CAF7CD6.png
    829.3 KB · Views: 170
Reactions: Big_Holla

Isaacorps

Columbus
I had a limb split on my Wicked Ridge Warrior last Wednesday, a week before my “deercation”. Went out and picked up a new xbow (Centerpoint Dagger 390) in a bit of a pinch. Not a rush decision necessarily as I had looked at them before, but I kinda needed it NOW lol. Anyway, I had all of my Tenpoint Pro Elite 400s and 125 gr Stingers still. I wasn’t sure how they would fly out of the much faster bow but I gotta say, I’m impressed. Got em tuned and flying like darts. I paired up the cheap ones it came with with some Muzzy 100 gr 3 blades. They fly a bit off from the Stingers but nothing that couldn’t be quickly adjusted in a pinch. Overall I’m very impressed with how both fixed blades fly out of the faster bow.

Stingers at 30…
E3046DD7-E59E-46DF-9EBD-94D5B0735C18.jpeg

Muzzies at 30…

C75E9847-8640-405C-898A-735A3BDFC457.jpeg

Isaacorps

Columbus
Quick field report on the Stinger. This is the humerus of the BB I shot over the weekend. He was quartering to with this being the entrance.
2366505F-98B6-4EBD-8CA0-B24953984D0E.jpeg

No idea how the broadhead held up though as this was all I was able to find…
EB0006D1-4082-4312-BC52-90F17D9043A5.jpeg

Blood trail was good…
81812EC6-AF56-4BD5-8E81-6A53C594A57D.jpeg

Overall I’m very impressed and will continue to use them. Just hope I can recover them after the shot or it’s gonna get expensive 😅

djohn9713

I managed to get a deer over the weekend with a new broadhead. My son and I have been using G5 Montecs for some time, however, the last couple of deer have had no blood trails. This is even with solid shots.

I decided to test out some SEVR mechanicals. Unfortunately, the same result. Double lung shot and no blood until I was almost on top of the dead deer. If it weren't for the 1.5 feet of snow I'm not sure I would have found the deer.

We both use Wicked Ridge crossbows. The hit on this deer was solid and I found the blood covered bolt five feet past where I hit the deer. It wasn't a long shot, maybe 10 yards.

It looks like we will keep looking for a broadhead that consistently leaves open a hole the blood can come out of. Or, maybe we are just doing something wrong. This hasn't been an issue until the last two years. Just frustrating.

Reactions: Big_Holla
I managed to get a deer over the weekend with a new broadhead. My son and I have been using G5 Montecs for some time, however, the last couple of deer have had no blood trails. This is even with solid shots.

I decided to test out some SEVR mechanicals. Unfortunately, the same result. Double lung shot and no blood until I was almost on top of the dead deer. If it weren't for the 1.5 feet of snow I'm not sure I would have found the deer.

We both use Wicked Ridge crossbows. The hit on this deer was solid and I found the blood covered bolt five feet past where I hit the deer. It wasn't a long shot, maybe 10 yards.

It looks like we will keep looking for a broadhead that consistently leaves open a hole the blood can come out of. Or, maybe we are just doing something wrong. This hasn't been an issue until the last two years. Just frustrating.

I was looking at those SEVR heads for her as a mechanical alternative. Glad you posted that as it helps anyone else looking as well, at least something to consider anyway.