Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Disappointing bolts

Cluell

Kansas
As a beginner, I do some experiments with the equipment (now I think it is a great failure). I've bought Summit Archery bolts and they just don't fly straight. Bolts were hitting below the target 1/2-2" from the POA & POI. The accuracy is very poor. I had to return the bolts and the seller charged me for return shipping. If you're looking for good bolts don't buy them. I don't know why they are in the top in such reviews.
Does someone use TenPoint bolts? Are they good? I want to try them because they have many good reviews.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use TenPoint bolts with the OmiNock on my Wicked Ridge Warrior. They shoot just fine. But, then again I bought bolts on clearance at WalMart for $1.00 each when I used my Horton crossbows, they shot fine also.

If you are hitting 1 1/2-2" low why not adjust your scope or sight. If you are shooting a 1/2" group at lets say 20 yards, you are doing fine. Don't believe the hype that crossbows shoot like a rifle. If you are expecting to hit the EXACT same hole every time you will be quite disappointed.

I have found the best strategy is to sight in with one arrow only. Sight in with a dull broadhead, NOT a practice broadhead that may have came in the package. After getting sighted in put in new sharp blades and use this arrow for hunting. I number my arrows as H1, H2 and so on.