Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Dual Sport bikes

Smawgunner

Athens
Anyone ride these? Seems like the best of both worlds. Plan to pick this one up tomorrow.
0B0ADB87-B53C-4285-9C06-6EFC783CAC15.jpeg

nathan.luthman

Supporting Member
When I was 15 I bought a 75 175cc Yamaha enduro. It was an on off bike and was my way to get around. The bike itself would go about 60 down the road which was good enough for me. The real bad side of mine was the mirror and turn signal locations. I had the bike for two years and after almost any day trail riding I was replacing those two items. My bike had more street tires on it and wasn't very good on a trail but I'm pretty sure they make better options for tires I just never put anything else on it because of my limited funds at the time.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
You should have a lot of fun. I'm not up on current models to be honest. In general, dual sport bikes are a bit heavy for hardcore trail riding but plenty adequate. Tires are usually the biggest compromise. If you are mainly off-road you'll want more aggressive. If you are mainly on the road these will do fine but you may wish they were more street tire. It won't be great on the highway. Buzzing around town should be good. Dual sport bikes are generally a compromise of many bikes.

Reactions: Smawgunner