Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

ELECTRIC CLOTHES DRYERS

Any recommendations
Go to thrift stores and find one that is 20 years old and have an appliance guy rebuild it if need be. My gas clothes dryer is over 30 years old and rebuilt once. He says older is better and we agree. Our Washer gave up 5 years ago after 26 years and he had at the time a 10 year old Maytag that the timer broke on in his garage in for repair from another family. While he had it only one day the people said keep it and bought those new fangled things up on pedestal's, so he sold it to us for $150 bucks. Zero problems and it looks brand new.

About 8 years ago our recently purchased freezer jammed full of beef, venison, pork and lake Erie perch and walleye died. It was right about now and the "warantease" folks couldnt come for a week, even though we had spoilage coverage. I don't need maggots so I called my appliance guy. He came up and said he could fix it but it would void my waranty. I said fix it the waranty is useless. He took out a capaceter about the size of a cigarette pack and replaced it with one that was the size of a 16 ounce beer can! He explained that the capacter used to just jump start the compressors but now the compressors are so weak thart the capacetor keeps them running. That is why he put the bigger one in. He said we would have no problems after that.

His advice is that people are dying and evorcing all the time and you can get a better model old used and running then the crap they sell today!

Go to thrift stores and find one that is 20 years old and have an appliance guy rebuild it if need be. My gas clothes dryer is over 30 years old and rebuilt once. He says older is better and we agree. Our Washer gave up 5 years ago after 26 years and he had at the time a 10 year old Maytag that the timer broke on in his garage in for repair from another family. While he had it only one day the people said keep it and bought those new fangled things up on pedestal's, so he sold it to us for $150 bucks. Zero problems and it looks brand new.

About 8 years ago our recently purchased freezer jammed full of beef, venison, pork and lake Erie perch and walleye died. It was right about now and the "warantease" folks couldnt come for a week, even though we had spoilage coverage. I don't need maggots so I called my appliance guy. He came up and said he could fix it but it would void my waranty. I said fix it the waranty is useless. He took out a capaceter about the size of a cigarette pack and replaced it with one that was the size of a 16 ounce beer can! He explained that the capacter used to just jump start the compressors but now the compressors are so weak thart the capacetor keeps them running. That is why he put the bigger one in. He said we would have no problems after that.

His advice is that people are dying and evorcing all the time and you can get a better model old used and running then the crap they sell today!
Oh and the appliance guy said the folks who gave him the Maytag asked if he still had it and wanted to buy it back cuz new fangled broke just out of waranty...

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
8FF88867-107F-413D-A73A-3447CF4AE600.jpeg