Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

First week turkey harvest and bobcat attack.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Screensho(2).jpg

Nobody cares about THEIR damn numbers. We all know their numbers are greatly exaggerated anyway. :mad:
What are they doing about the bobcat attack? 🤔

This entire mismanagement of Ohio's wildlife populations is outrageous! :rolleyes:
I remember being able to hunt pheasants, quail and rabbits. Thanksgiving Day used to be a family tradition of going out hunting with cousins and uncles....NEVER AGAIN and this was 40 years ago.
*** So, to summarize we have or have had pheasant, quail, squirrel, rabbit and a few flying critters like dove, crow, ducks, geese and the declining numbers of grouse.
*** Then there are the predators: bobcats, coyotes, red fox, grey fox, skunks, possums, weasels, coons, feral cats, river otter and the endless growing numbers of hawks, owls and now eagles.

For the general population to randomly start eliminating these predators would cause an unbalance. Waiting on the governing bodies to regulate the elimination and/or hunting, may take us into the next millennium. 👎🤔
Personally, I believe the answer has to come from the ODNR, by putting their foot down to the money influenced and politically pushy and saying: "Look, this is the way it has to be or there won't be any wildlife to enjoy, by anyone. There has to be a balance." :) Nice thought on my part, but in reality....it ain't gonna happen.

I'm done. Who's next? :ROFLMAO:

Wonder how tough it was for all of those hunters to tag a bird this year.
I'm still out and with a half azz effort. :cautious: There are a few birds in Allen County, but I've been hunting in Hardin County. I recently acquired a new property, due to me posting a few photos of the birds in my neighbor's yard. It has a lot of promise, but I have mixed feelings about even going out. :rolleyes: To insure birds for next year, I think my time would be better served out killing predators. 🤔

ThatBuckeyeGuy

Ohio
Picking up my new coyote toy this weekend , cz 6.5 . Going to break the barrel in on this ground pig invasion at a family farm and then I'll start busting some more dogs. I'll be back after the turkeys this weekend hopefully I'll pop another coyote like last weekend I'd be happy with that.