Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Garage Storage Ideas

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Looks like a vehicle change is on the horizon for the wife, which will likely create a need for me to reconfigure the steps from the garage to the house. To do that, I'll have to remove some shelves and if I'm going to do that, I might as well paint the walls and rethink some of my storage solutions. Curious if guys have any store-bought or homemade storage solutions for bikes, gear, tools, etc. they could share for ideas. I am going to build a custom set of lockers for all our outside clothes/boots as part of this, but the rest is a blank slate. Contemplating some overhead storage for some items too if anyone has incorporated that in their garage.

Also, question for @Jamie and any others with experience here, but part of the reason to repaint is the idea of adding insecticide to the paint to help with the dust spiders and such. I see mixed reviews on whether it's worth it or not, so I thought Jamie may have a review to share.

Clay Showalter

Southern member northern landowner
Guilford County
This is what I am doing in the barn
IMG_2248.jpeg

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
Mine is still being formulated but it will have the utility storage racks, storage shelves that attach to the ceiling and the ryobi branded version of their tool hanging system only because i have ryobi stuff.

I've had the Rubbermaid one and it's nice.