Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Giggity giggity. Looking forward to pics. IKS

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
ResizedP_1698507678729_23875544663235.gif

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
It was me. Started out hunting in front stand at my place where I got pics of a couple bucks at dark last night. Sat there for about an hour and the northwest wind was hitting me in the face and the temp was dropping. Never saw a deer at all. So decided to move to the back stand where I have a hidden food plot with a mock scrape under a rope. So I still hunted my way back there. Just got in the tree and look behind me and here comes 5 does and fawns right behind me. No bucks. Waited about an hour and texting back and forth with Mallory who is in another stand a mile away. I hear a stick break a ways off and just catch movement of a deer thru the leaves and what I thought was some antler. I grab the grunt call and grunt In his direction a few times. Don't see anything for a while then all the sudden I catch movement 75 yards away. Look thru the binocs and see 2 yearling deer making their way towards me. Then I catch movement in front of them and see tines and a dark rack coming thru the woods upwind of me. I knew it was a shooter for me immediately so grabbed the bow off the hanger and got ready. Eventually he worked his way to about 22 yards and I stopped him with a little mep. The shot hit him quartering to slightly but arrow buried to the fetching as he turned and ran hard thru the woods knocking some saplings over along the way. Backed out and came back 1.5 hours later with Mallory and we tracked him pretty easily to where he was laying dead on his back. This buck was a cow. Huge body and nice heavy rack. I did have a trail cam pic of him a couple days ago, but had not seen him around before that.

20231028_110441.jpg
20231028_110600.jpg
20231028_112932.jpg
IMG_4054.jpg
20231028_124139.jpg
IMG_4053.jpg