Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Good discussion on the current state of the "televised" sport.

Bigcountry40

This has been discussed before, like other subjects I could talk for hours about how the industry has ruined the tradition, eventually the industry will destroy itself because only the wealthy will hunt and normal people will no longer buy their products which is the target consumer.

Reactions: Spencie

Stressless

Keene, OH
Ya, he sells his business plan in the video. I thought the back and forth with Jeff and Dylan, cumulatively working the industry for decades to be worth putting up with the pitch. Not trying to restart a debate, just some good objective perspectives from two pros in the industry.

Reactions: Bigcountry40

Bigcountry40

Ya, he sells his business plan in the video. I thought the back and forth with Jeff and Dylan, cumulatively working the industry for decades to be worth putting up with the pitch. Not trying to restart a debate, just some good objective perspectives from two pros in the industry.
Nah it’s a fun debate, in the world of hunting there is only so much to talk about

• Haha
Reactions: Stressless

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
I enjoyed it as I’ve always felt somewhat the same as he discussed. I still enjoy watching the canned hunts on tv as I love watching deer cause they come in all shapes and form. Look it it this way, if every buck was the same typical 120” 8pt, after killing a few I personally would look for something else to hunt. To me it’s the lure of a non typical or a 180” buck or some crazy or a straight up typical rack. I’m more impressed w body size, mass and character of the rack. But that’s just me and every hunter has his vision of what they like. Yes he was advertising but also “keeping it real” as the hunting propaganda is brought to us everyday thru shows and the next new product so everyone can kill a 200” giant. Take from it what you want. Thanks for posting