Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

GoPro or other action cameras

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Anyone use one of these while hunting ? I’m considering getting one and I’m struggling with a few features and what is important

Milo

Tatonka guide.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I have an older one, got it for a Xmas gift about 3 years ago. I hope the the newer ones have improved because at 20 plus yards you lose a lot when it comes to hunting....

PSA: if you hunt with it, make sure you go to the settings and turn that damn red blinking light off when it’s filming.... Or so I’ve heard...

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
I have a tactacam. I like it simple to use. also have a spypoint action cam I don't really care for it to much. But it's the older model of the there cams.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
What J said above.

Not much good after 20-25 yards for action views.
However... I have thought about mounting it at the shooting land, closer to a "kill zone" and using the remote to turn it on/off...
You would want to take come "canned" footage before or after.
Go Pro has free editing software that's easy to use. (Go pro studio)

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Thanks fellas. I pulled the trigger on an Akaso Brave 4 . Probably going to use it with my stickbow hunts so I should be relatively close. Neat features with the cell phone viewer so you can see what the camera sees so I might mount it lower and near the zone. Should be interesting. Worst case is my kids can have it and have fun.