Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Grandma Strangles Rabid Bobcat.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
The unprovoked attack occurred about 6 p.m. She had been working on her truck that afternoon and posted a bumper sticker that read: “Women who behave rarely make history.” She planned to photograph the sticker and send it to her husband.

She walked out of the house with her cell phone.

“My neighbor’s dog was barking and it drew my attention,” she said. “I saw the cat and I took a picture. The cat took two steps and was on top of me. ... It came for my face.”

Phillips grew up in the country, where her father-in-law was once a trapper of bobcats. As a result, she knew something about the animal’s behavior.

“They go for your jugular ... because when they can get the vein you’re dead in a couple of minutes,” she said.

http://www.onlineathens.com/news/20180615/hart-county-grandmother-kills-rabid-bobcat-with-bare-hands

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
“Not today” 😂

tenor (4).gif

Cats, any cats, are nature's killing machines. The worst thing that this state could've done is to protect the damn things and allow their population to grow. If you think that coyotes are a problem...just wait until the bobcat population spreads across this state.
There are species of birds that are extinct, due to common house cats. Extinct...gone off of this planet forever!

Do what you want, but the Triple S rule applies here!
Good hunting, Bowhunter57

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Cats, any cats, are nature's killing machines. The worst thing that this state could've done is to protect the damn things and allow their population to grow. If you think that coyotes are a problem...just wait until the bobcat population spreads across this state.
There are species of birds that are extinct, due to common house cats. Extinct...gone off of this planet forever!

Do what you want, but the Triple S rule applies here!
Good hunting, Bowhunter57

Back home in Ms Bobcats are viewed as vermin that are worse than raccoons and are shot on sight.