Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Grinder ~ Did I Screw UP?!

We haven't had a dishwasher in several years so this year when we were done grinding Allen's burger we ended up throwing the grinder parts in clean. Didn't even think to check if they were dishwasher safe or that it would cause any problems. Well after they were washed all the chrome-like finish was gone on the aluminum parts. Not sure if it causes a problem or not but the auger when you get wet and wipe with your hand you get all this black shit that comes off. The affected parts are the top tray/chute, the auger, the tube the auger goes into and the nut that holds the grind plate and auger in the tube. Replacement parts are way more than I paid for the grinder. What do you think?? Maybe just replace the auger? New grinder time?

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I would contact manufacturer and ask them. Read your manual first to see if says no dishwasher? If not, you may guilt them into free parts. Good Luck! Keep us posted.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Not real sure. What brand of grinder is it? I have a commerical grade cabelas grinder and I've put its parts in the dishwasher many times without ever having this type of issue.