Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hicks Lawn Services truck racing

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio
Are you still having fun?
That sounds like a simple answer. And it should be. But it isn't. 🤣

In short, yes.

I knew it was a lot of time and effort going in. I knew there would be frustrations or some "that's racing" moments. The good nights offset those nights. Just never got it all put together for a complete night this year.

Really need to continue digesting the situation. Still tired and a bit bummed. But these are completely first world problems. There are people with daily drivers they can't keep together. These are race trucks for a hobby. Perspective.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio
You can't put a price on fun. Plus it's keeping you busy. Maybe you'll get it together next year👍
Thank you for posing that question. It has helped me to ponder and digest the season.

The fun part is being strapped in the seat and driving around the track. This season was extremely short on the fun part. That said, I've been shopping different clutches. I've considered fixing the back up truck before the weekend. As few laps as I got this year? I'm not putting it up for sale. I'm planning for next season. I suppose it isn't much different than hunting. We spend a lot of time and money. Some years we go empty handed and eat tags. Doesn't stop us from planning the next hunt or next season. There is a certain satisfaction in the preparation. If you shot a monster buck every hunt (if it were legal), would it have the same appeal? Probably not. It isn't all about the kill (or race results). Plenty of satisfaction (and heart break at times) in the process.

Congrats to you and Maddie though. It wouldn't get old watching one of your kids shoot a deer in opening day. 👍

Reactions: 5Cent and giles