Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

How to turn a small problem into a big problem.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
I had to run up the turnpike to Streetsboro this morning. Traffic was moderately heavy for the holiday. Got to the tollbooth and there were several vehicles every lane. I pulled up behind a late model Chevy Traverse with DC plates (I notice those because the have “end taxation without representation“ on the plate). After a few minutes I’ve kind of zoned out waiting, of course I picked the lane not moving. Next thing I know the Traverse backs up and hits me.
245CECE5-E5B1-4309-9C46-D03B77CF12F7.jpeg

4FB7B765-CC2E-40CC-8ACA-096DB23A0A52.jpeg
We both get out and the guy is really upset, not at me but at himself and the situation. Damage is minor but we decide to get off the road. He hops in the passenger side and the woman moves their car. We start to exchange info and it’s the woman not the man. I said it’s not a big deal, no injuries and minor damage. She said the problem is it’s a company car. About that time a tollbooth worker comes over and offers to call a trooper, but warns it might take awhile. I’m ok with that, I have front end damage and they have rear end damage, I need something to say I didn’t rear end them. Trooper shows up and take our statements. When we are done he said our statements were very different but he was going to get the video from the tollbooth cameras. He called about a 1/2 hour later and said he reviewed the video and I was obviously stopped and they hit me. I asked if he saw who got out of the drivers side and he said he hadn’t watched that far. He asked if it was the man, I said it was so he was going to look some more.

My guess is that he wasn’t supposed to be driving her company car, or something along that line. Maybe they weren’t supposed be driving it to Ohio. Now on top of what ever problems they have they falsified a police report

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Sounds like it was worth the hassles of sitting around. Their problems due to their poor choices don't need to become your problem in the form of an "at fault" claim.

Reactions: Ohiosam

Smawgunner2

Athens County
This happened to me at a stop light…lady gets out all pissed asking why I backed up into her (I was in front at the light). I said I saw you on your damn phone…why the hell would I just put my truck in reverse for no reason? 🤦

Reactions: Ohiosam