Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hoyts outdoor debacles of 2018-19

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Well as I stated in another thread Dave allowing Robert and I hunt at his place was really good for my soul and a much needed breath of fresh air. So Thursday night I got a burr up my butt and decided I was gonna go get some stand time in. It seemed like the weather we had this past week was some of the best pre rut conditions we've had in some time now.

So I got the bow out and knocked off the cobwebs. Shot several arrows so I knew my 20yds was solid. Went out Friday morning and saw 7. Couple doe and yearlings, and couple button bucks. Got down and walked the farm looking for some sign. Needless to say I think I found some.

This is 15 yds from one of my sets.
20181026_095949.jpg

This is about 80 yds.
20181026_100751.jpg

20181026_100833.jpg

Went back out and made some adjustments and hunted in the not so good conditions of rain. I saw about 10 deer. 2 young fork horns. After about a hour of feeding they started getting antsy and started running some of the younger does around. Look forward to seeing what this produces.

This morning Robert and I went down to the ridge. With everything that happened with work I had went down there and pulled all my stuff. I honestly thought I would never hunt these again. Well long story short. I still have run of the property so we're hunting there. My dad's neighbor owns and hunts the neighboring 34 acres to the 12.5 that I hunt. Him his son and son in law where there hunting this morning. So we took some time and caught up. He shared with us that someone had leazed the farm that butted up to the properties that we hunt. Last Friday this guy killed a buck that I know I could have killed.

3268.jpeg

3270.jpeg

Congrats to the hunter as Mike told me it was his first buck!!!! Wow, where do you go from there. Lol.

Anyways Robert and I will be hunting at one of the set we hung at the ridge in the morning.