Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Interesting Video on Ammo Shortage....

Clay Showalter

Southern member northern landowner
Guilford County
Have you ever been in retail? Stores aren't stockpiling products to make another couple of dollars. Just isn't worth the space. A sale is a sale and ammo is hot.

Between what he says in the video and what Joe commented on is the issue. Supply isn't keeping up with demand. I wonder what kind of ropes you have to jump through to manufacture ammo. What is stopping someone else from joining this highly active market right now? Why isn't Trump Ammunition a thing? That shit would sell.

I love the idea of Trump ammo, here is the tag line.

“Got an intruder in your house? Trump his ass!”

Reactions: giles and "J"

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I'd just like another box of 250gr shockwaves, 209 primers, and some Triple 7 pellets. That would last me awhile. I'm not out but I'll need to start looking before next ML season. I was fortunate enough to find some shells for my 20g. They had 15-20 boxes. I took 5 and left the rest for the next guys. No need to hoard. Just leave enough for those of us who hunt AND prefer more than a couple rounds to practice with before the season.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I'd just like another box of 250gr shockwaves, 209 primers, and some Triple 7 pellets. That would last me awhile. I'm not out but I'll need to start looking before next ML season. I was fortunate enough to find some shells for my 20g. They had 15-20 boxes. I took 5 and left the rest for the next guys. No need to hoard. Just leave enough for those of us who hunt AND prefer more than a couple rounds to practice with before the season.
Dump those shockwaves and triple 7 and go blackhorn and a better sabot... Neither of my shockwaves opened up yesterday... That’s the last time I’m shooting them at an animal...

Reactions: giles

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Dump those shockwaves and triple 7 and go blackhorn and a better sabot... Neither of my shockwaves opened up yesterday... That’s the last time I’m shooting them at an animal...
I'm open to using Blackhorn. I've ruled out Powerbelts. The Shockwaves have shot well. My ears are open. No brand bias here. Keep me posted on what you suggest.

Reactions: CJD3

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I'm open to using Blackhorn. I've ruled out Powerbelts. The Shockwaves have shot well. My ears are open. No brand bias here. Keep me posted on what you suggest.
Barnes or hornady is what I’m going to go with. That is you can find any of them...

Fletch

Supporting Member
Phil.... Here ya go... One word.... DEVASTATING...
PXL_20210104_025618131.jpg

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Where has everybody been? If you didn't see the ammo market heading for the dumpster fire back in October of 2019, then man, I don't know what to say really.

I tend to believe that it will never recover either and/or at least not until our country takes a drastic turn for the better of all the people. Our country has been and will continue to be under the slow kill-switch, so my recommendation is get ready at learn all those survival skills that will better protect you and your family.

Look, I'm just being straight up and honest with anyone who cares to listen, and my intuition as been fairly spot on for over at last a decade in a half now or even better. I will not go into all the details as to why either, but I've seen our country going down the wrong path ever since the mid to late 90's, perhaps even before. That is why I got away from corporate America and the global industrial self-servicing machine, that mainly served the very wealthy and rich.

So, with regards to hoarding ammo, you bet I will if I can find it out there. What I do have, well, those are ready to go in strategic hidden locations throughout. It's sad that I even had to do such things, but it is what is and I still try to prepare as best as I can for the unfortunate and unforeseen.

BTW, I did not watch the original posted video, but I can only imagine it's not good news.

No disrespect intended towards anyone here so, please understand that I do care for most all of you and your families. We are what I consider, 'Patriotic Americans' that if called upon to do whatever it takes to make this country whole and right again as a very last resort, I'm sure most, if not all here would stand up and do it.

Anyhow, I hope most of this post makes sense and again, I wish not to offend anyone here and I hope that I'm not off base either.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

I've had great results with the Hornady XTP bullets using the black "mag express" sabots from TC.

240 gr ahead of 150Gr of Trip7 absolutely hammers them and the accuracy and consistency is great. @TripleA88 has seen the results and performance.

1609732979626.png

1609733084446.png

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
I've had great results with the Hornady XTP bullets using the black "mag express" sabots from TC.

240 gr ahead of 150Gr of Trip7 absolutely hammers them and the accuracy and consistency is great. @TripleA88 has seen the results and performance.

View attachment 117990

View attachment 117992

If you buy them by the box as a pistol reloading bullet and then match your sabot up to your barrel from (https://mmpsabots.com/) you've got the same set up a WHOLE lot cheaper

Reactions: hickslawns

Fletch

Supporting Member
Hey Phil... A store near me had the Barnes 2 weeks ago, so I stopped in and was gonna get you a pack, however they were gone....

Reactions: hickslawns