Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Lake Erie Charter fishing

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Getting close to another fishing season. Hoping to get the boat up to the lake this weekend. Putting finishing touches on this week. I have several openings for prime dates available in May and early June. First come first serve. Fishing outlook is great and average walleye size will continue to be awesome. Book 2 days in a row with me this season I will take 50 dollars off per day.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Put boat in this afternoon went out for the shakedown trip to make sure everything is working. Pulled a limit of fatties fairly quick.

20240329_174648.jpg

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Had 2 trips this weekend. Saturday was a tough day for us. Windy in the morning. Waited until noon to head out. Got a 6.5 lb fish in the first 15 minutes. Proceeded to troll 5 hours without another fish. Threw the kitchen sink at them. Last weeks weather didn't help any. Ended up going into 12 feet of water and caught 8 more jigging in the last hour of daylight.

Then yesterday we went out in the dark jigging before daylight. Fish rolling on the surface all around us in the dark. Very little wind. Not good for a jig bite. Need to be moving at least a little to cover ground. Ended up getting 6 fish jigging. Headed out to troll mid morning and found some fish 6 miles offshore in some stained water. They decided to bite good for 2 hours and we finished up their limit. Plus 3 I caught jigging earlier.

IMG_20240407_145821121_HDR.jpg

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
This shitty economy hurts everyone sooner or later. In 8 years of running this business I've never been under booked like I am this year. 50 percent of the bookings that I normally have at this point. Alot of my out of state guys flat out have told me they would like to come but can't afford it anymore.

Trueroots

Norton , Ohio
And I absolutely agree. Sorry to hear that. It’s sad because the lake is booming right now with the great walleye population that many folks should have the opportunity to enjoy!

Reactions: Gern186

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
This shitty economy hurts everyone sooner or later. In 8 years of running this business I've never been under booked like I am this year. 50 percent of the bookings that I normally have at this point. Alot of my out of state guys flat out have told me they would like to come but can't afford it anymore.
I don’t disagree that the economy has a lot to do with it. But I’d be willing to bet there’s more charters running on the lake than there’s ever been too. Everyone is a walleye expert when there’s this many fish in the system. lol.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Correct. Im just saying that based on my situation. I know guys that advertise on Facebook that have more business but I don't wanna go that route. I like to know the people I'm taking out.
I totally understand that approach, Chad. I would likely be the same way if I were in your shoes.

I also wonder how many people go on these charters that end up buying their own boat(s). Surely a portion of them do. I bet a lot find out pretty quick that, even with the record population, those fish aren't quite as easy to catch as the good captains make it seem.