Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

FOR SALE Logs

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
We have 15-20 logs from trees we have cut down for our home building site and power line. They are White oak, Red oak, Maple and Virginia pine. Most are 16-22". The pine are great logs. Washington county. Make an offer. Will not deliver.

Spencie. Just a thought. If you could find someone to cut the boards you may have something nice if you want to finish a wall in your man cave or even in the house with oak. For the inside of my cabin I used poplar logs that were left when they ran a gasline thru my Dad's place. I think it cost me somewhere around 30-40 cents per board ft to get them rough cut. I even planed some down for the window sills as I wanted them smooth. We wanted a rustic look in the cabin so we just left them rough cut. If you won't be using for a while you can let them air dry out and don't need to use a kiln.

I think I had about $800 and that was enough lumber to do the walls and ceiling in a 24'x24' room and 6'x7' room. I think around 2400 SF or so of lumber that I ended up with.

Untitled by cspot12, on Flickr

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
Spencie. Just a thought. If you could find someone to cut the boards you may have something nice if you want to finish a wall in your man cave or even in the house with oak. For the inside of my cabin I used poplar logs that were left when they ran a gasline thru my Dad's place. I think it cost me somewhere around 30-40 cents per board ft to get them rough cut. I even planed some down for the window sills as I wanted them smooth. We wanted a rustic look in the cabin so we just left them rough cut. If you won't be using for a while you can let them air dry out and don't need to use a kiln.

I think I had about $800 and that was enough lumber to do the walls and ceiling in a 24'x24' room and 6'x7' room. I think around 2400 SF or so of lumber that I ended up with.

Untitled by cspot12, on Flickr

I have plenty for all that. The cabin we just sold was pine and poplar walls and ceilings.

Reactions: cspot