Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Looking for DP Duke Traps

I'd like to buy about a half dozen of the DP Duke traps, for coon trapping. I used to run a trap line, back in the late 70s, but there are lots of new traps out there nowadays. :)

Do you guys order your traps online or are there a local businesses or sporting goods store where you typically make your purchases? 🤔

SNIPERBBB

Se ohio
Well you missed a good opportunity to buy them in Lima last week at the national trappers convention.

You can get them at rural king and some other places that sell hunting gear. There's two big trap supply vendors in Ohio, Sterling Fur and Northern Sport Co(Molnar's). Prices from the trap supply sites tend to be better than the box stores depending on what shipping will be. I think bass pro/cabelas sold the Bridger DPs i think but its been a while since ive been in their stores.

If you're on Facebook, look up the Ohio State trapper's association page. People always selling traps there.

BTW, our state convention is the opposite corner of the state Sept 9-10 in Caldwell at the fairgrounds. Youll find plenty there to and can watch some demos on how to use them.

SNIPERBBB,
I was at the Allen Co. fairgrounds during that event. It was awesome and I'd never been to one of those events. :cool: Being there and talking to a few people is what sparked my interest in trapping, after all these years. I used to run a trap line, back in the late 70s. Snares were illegal, back in those days.

I'll have to check out the Ohio State Trapper's page on FB. 🤔
As for the Sept. 9-10 dates, I'll be entertaining relatives from Colorado. :rolleyes: The non-hunting side of the family.