Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Looking for late season muzzleloading hunt

Two old and battered 100% disabled vets looking for late season muzzleloader season lease for this year. We lost the farm (Muskingham County) we had been hunting for 12 years when the farmer retired and moved to TX. Both long time deer hunters, farm boys and know how to play by the owners rules and I am a hunter ed instructor for 22 years. We need atv access if possible. Too damn old and broken to drag big deer anymore. Prefer SE Ohio. We are coming from NC. If you vacation at the beach in Wilmington, Carolina Beach NC area might be able to swap some inshore fishing trips.

If anyone has their big buck and would like to do a lease that week, email me. We can pay reasonable fee for the week if needed.

$30-40 an acre for leases is crazy and out of our reach.

thanks

hermanharke@aol.com

Bigcountry40

There are active members on this site that are residents of Ohio and struggle to find decent hunting land, best of luck to ya and thank you for your service. Just out of curiosity do you hunt in Eastern Carolina, leases they are pretty expensive (I live there for 4 years)?

There are active members on this site that are residents of Ohio and struggle to find decent hunting land, best of luck to ya and thank you for your service. Just out of curiosity do you hunt in Eastern Carolina, leases they are pretty expensive (I live there for 4 years)?
Yep, live in Wilmington but leases are mainly clubs that dog hunt. Land is primarily swamp bays and pines with thick cover so box blinds and baiting into narrow openings with small deer seems to be the thing. No 200 lb midwest deer for sure. Middle of the state is more hardwoods and bigger deer but leases are not as expensive as ohio's are. I hunt with my buddy up in the western mountains on VA border and some in VA. Bigger deer more open and hardwoods. Tough terrain in some areas up there for sure. Got to stay out of those areas for sure for me.

Bigcountry40

Yep, live in Wilmington but leases are mainly clubs that dog hunt. Land is primarily swamp bays and pines with thick cover so box blinds and baiting into narrow openings with small deer seems to be the thing. No 200 lb midwest deer for sure. Middle of the state is more hardwoods and bigger deer but leases are not as expensive as ohio's are. I hunt with my buddy up in the western mountains on VA border and some in VA. Bigger deer more open and hardwoods. Tough terrain in some areas up there for sure. Got to stay out of those areas for sure for me.
I was in a hunt club in Craven county, loved the deer dog culture. Tried to hunt with dog hunters once or twice a month