Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Mange squirrel on a FB nature group

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Screenshot_20220712-175801.png

The comments are great. I've watched this group and commented very little. They seem to love coyotes and find them sacred. Then someone comes along and suggests shooting it and I make popcorn.

This squirrel was identified with multiple ailments, but most seemed to concur it has mange. The people suggesting ways to help it were just. . . .special. "Catch it and rub some coconut oil on it." "Get some ivermectin and put a bit on some peanuts below it's tree." Nobody suggested putting it down. Multiple people suggesting to catch it and take it to a nature preserve. Others stating "don't do that or they will euthanize it." I get it. I like coyotes and squirrels and fox, and deer. They all have their place. The people on this group place them above humans though. Amusing.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
View attachment 156514

The comments are great. I've watched this group and commented very little. They seem to love coyotes and find them sacred. Then someone comes along and suggests shooting it and I make popcorn.

This squirrel was identified with multiple ailments, but most seemed to concur it has mange. The people suggesting ways to help it were just. . . .special. "Catch it and rub some coconut oil on it." "Get some ivermectin and put a bit on some peanuts below it's tree." Nobody suggested putting it down. Multiple people suggesting to catch it and take it to a nature preserve. Others stating "don't do that or they will euthanize it." I get it. I like coyotes and squirrels and fox, and deer. They all have their place. The people on this group place them above humans though. Amusing.
I guess Mother Nature will take care of it this winter….

Reactions: finelyshedded