Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Maybe I am late,.... Chris Brackett and Indiana Poaching!!

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
FB_IMG_1563467003405.jpg

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
With this I'm not cutting on Chris it was just kind of funny. I learned most everything I know the hard way.....

School of hard knocks for me as well. But. . . Not sure it applies to this guy. Actions seem overwhelming. I don't know.

Jesus surrounded himself with some bad dudes and showed them the way. I hope Chris truly found the Lord. There is regret (for getting caught) and there is remorse. Not my place to determine. Probably a good thing. I wasn't buying into CB's story.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Nailed it! Thanks for sharing that, awesome message. I preach every one of the things he spoke about. That said, I know I’m not perfect and I’ll be the first to admit that.

I agree with about 95% of what he said but he's got an "head in the clouds" view of the industry. The under the covers reality is its a very cutthroat, demanding, shady, and unethical field. And I don't mean that in the typical fashion that any profession can be. It is100% about appearance, marketing, product sales and creating a narrative of ideology. A good example is his statement about women hunters who are washed up at other careers and make a move to the hunting industry because their butt looks good in camo being wrong. And maybe that really is his opinion. But the same industry that sends him checks are the same one's creating and promoting shows like "for love or likes". In a lot of ways, we are hunters bear the responsibility for that garbage. Anyone think lee would be anywhere near what he is today if Tiffany was some flat assed buck-toothed chick with B cup tits. Hell no. Yet you go to any show they're at, and there's a line around the building to get a pic with her, while Lee stands there in the picture like he matters.

So I hear what ole Mike is saying, but I have also had a lot of under the covers glimpses into this industry, and trust me when I say if you lift that industries skirt to take a peek, you'll find that chick has a dick.

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
I agree with about 95% of what he said but he's got an "head in the clouds" view of the industry. The under the covers reality is its a very cutthroat, demanding, shady, and unethical field. And I don't mean that in the typical fashion that any profession can be. It is100% about appearance, marketing, product sales and creating a narrative of ideology. A good example is his statement about women hunters who are washed up at other careers and make a move to the hunting industry because their butt looks good in camo being wrong. And maybe that really is his opinion. But the same industry that sends him checks are the same one's creating and promoting shows like "for love or likes". In a lot of ways, we are hunters bear the responsibility for that garbage. Anyone think lee would be anywhere near what he is today if Tiffany was some flat assed buck-toothed chick with B cup tits. Hell no. Yet you go to any show they're at, and there's a line around the building to get a pic with her, while Lee stands there in the picture like he matters.

So I hear what ole Mike is saying, but I have also had a lot of under the covers glimpses into this industry, and trust me when I say if you lift that industries skirt to take a peek, you'll find that chick has a dick.
Giles wants a pic of her nuts!😂

Reactions: giles

tracker 6

In a thicket

And this why I don't watch ANY of the deer hunting shows.All crap.The only videos that are watchable for me is " The Pinhoti Project " No ads , no camera crews, all public land and no BS

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Did he really make millions? I don't believe the revenue models are that strong in the industry. I'd like to hear @Curran pontificate on this.

Regardless, he's definitely "well off" compared to most of us and the monetary fine is probably not a huge deal for him.

Yeah... I’m sure he made a decent living, but millions would be quite a stretch. The best way I’ve heard it said is, “to become a millionaire in the outdoor industry, you first have to start out as a billionaire.”