Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Mossberg 500

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
A semi local Walmart has a .410 Mossberg 500, wood with parkerized, full choke for $254

Thinking of it for the kids and occasional squirrel use.

I do have access to an .410 o/u also.

Thoughts? I've only had 870s for pumps previously.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Buddy had one, it was finicky on shells. Liked to jam up on him. I think he polished the ramp for the feed and it got better. Other than that it shot good and he liked how it shouldered.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
First 12ga. and still have it 23yrs later. Couldn't afford the $375 Rem. 870 combo at the time. They have all changed but will say if it fits the bill I wouldn't hesitate.

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
I have a .410 o/u...great rabbit gun...fun to shoot and you don’t have to worry about it jamming. I have a 20 gauge o/u also but like the challenge of the .410. The only time I take out the 20 anymore is if I think I’ll run into pheasant or quail.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I have a .410 o/u...great rabbit gun...fun to shoot and you don’t have to worry about it jamming. I have a 20 gauge o/u also but like the challenge of the .410. The only time I take out the 20 anymore is if I think I’ll run into pheasant or quail.
I have the O/U .410 as well. That’ll be buried with me 😂

Reactions: CJD3 and Sgt Fury

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
You could choke it and run TSS thru it for turkeys. If my kids were younger I’d do it! Plus it would add to my 870 collection! Butttttt. Remington is not the same gun today as it was 20 plus years ago!!! Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: bowhunter1023

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
You could choke it and run TSS thru it for turkeys. If my kids were younger I’d do it! Plus it would add to my 870 collection! Butttttt. Remington is not the same gun today as it was 20 plus years ago!!! Just my 2 cents.

It's a mossy 500, if it was an 870 it'd be in the safe already

fixed choke, not threaded