Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Must have been a long walk home

I thought about that and also thought about how cool it was that these kids were actually out camping and doing something. Same crap I did as a kid running around aimlessly in other people’s woods. Usually with a fishing pole or gun of some sort. My kids now hardly leave their electronics.
Yes that is true. Not many kids go camping these days. In our day and age their wasn't trail cams and cell phones to take pics of you doing dumb shit either.

Reactions: giles

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
what sort of freaky ass kids are into WWII re-enactments in this day and age? this is bizarre as can be.

Actually, Conneaut, Oh. beach on Lake Erie, (20 min away) holds a reenactment every year of D-Day. Its said to be one of the best in the country. Planes, boats, tanks, hundreds of men and pyrotechnics.

"Once again D-Day Ohio, Inc. will invade the Lake Erie shores of Conneaut, Ohio, and stage the largest D-Day (1944) living history reenactment in the country. Featuring over 1,800 reenactors from across the US and Canada, spectators will witness men, women, and their machines perform a living tribute to the veterans of WWII through dress, mock battles, and living history displays. Meet the real men and women that lived through these times. Last year we were proud to host over 150 WWII veterans and hope to have even more this year.

Come and be a part of this Admission FREE event and experience what people call the most realistic and educational D-Day reenactment of the WWII era."

http://www.ddayohio.us/

http://www.ddayohio.us/schedule.htm

You should check out some of the pictures. Its a big event.

I suppose if they had been doing this when I was their age, I'd have been into it too.

Shit... I would have been more freaked out if they had been into the Civil War.

I know.
In my day it was cowboy/Indians. I would think their classmates will have a field day with the picture too.
Matter is closed. Glad I could offer you all a distraction for a day or so. lol

As far as the parents "trying" to sue me... They would have lost and ended up paying my legal fees.

The suing part was a joke. However there has been a ton of frivolous lawsuits filed.

Reactions: CJD3

Fletch

Supporting Member
Pic is definitely freaky... So has it been determined if they are boy and girl or two boys??? I once hunted a spot that the trail you walk in on went by an old cemetary with a stone wall going around it... I often thought if one were to dump flour over himself and sit on the wall one morning as a hunter walked by in the dark and out of no where puff on a cigarette and say good morning... Wonder what would happen???

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Pic is definitely freaky... So has it been determined if they are boy and girl or two boys??? I once hunted a spot that the trail you walk in on went by an old cemetary with a stone wall going around it... I often thought if one were to dump flour over himself and sit on the wall one morning as a hunter walked by in the dark and out of no where puff on a cigarette and say good morning... Wonder what would happen???

I'd lose my shit! I have had to walk by more than a few graveyards and always thought the same thing.

Fletch

Supporting Member
I'd lose my shit! I have had to walk by more than a few graveyards and always thought the same thing.
About 10 years ago on opening day of shotgun in Jersey I'm walking up an old logging road around 5:30 AM and out of no where a guy steps out from behind a tree and says good morning...No flashlight, nothing... I think I jumped out of my skin... Turned out to be a game warden and he checked my 870 for a plug...

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
About 10 years ago on opening day of shotgun in Jersey I'm walking up an old logging road around 5:30 AM and out of no where a guy steps out from behind a tree and says good morning...No flashlight, nothing... I think I jumped out of my skin... Turned out to be a game warden and he checked my 870 for a plug...

Good way too get a thumping....

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
When I posted about the girls trespassing on our place, it took several days but people finally started spilling the beans.

OK...I missed the part where they were exposed. Glad you got some sorta closure Jim.

Last edited:
Reactions: finelyshedded

Creamer

Athens

I thought about that and also thought about how cool it was that these kids were actually out camping and doing something. Same crap I did as a kid running around aimlessly in other people’s woods. Usually with a fishing pole or gun of some sort. My kids now hardly leave their electronics.

I completely agree. Back when I was a kid we played army all over the place and never had boundaries called property lines. Of course not many people hunted in our woods or across the road either. We would do that all year if we could and never had problems with landowners. Kids nowadays are glued to their screens wearing out their thumbs.