Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

My first ILF Recurve

I ordered everything separate, because I couldn't find an ILF recurve with the limbs I wanted or the limbs with the riser that I wanted. :rolleyes:

The riser is an October Mountain Products - Sektor 17" model.
The limbs are Samick Discovery R3, foam core/carbon (longs).
The string is a Flemish Fast Flight and the quiver is a Selway (slip-on, 5-arrow).
45# @ 28"
I'm shooting Gold Tip 500 Traditional carbon arrows w/ 100 gr. field tips. The limbs on this bow draw very smooth (no stacking) and are quick and quiet.
I'm sure this bow if far more accurate than I can be with it. :) I shot this limb/riser combination at 3 Rivers Archery and had to have one. Now, all I have to do is put in plenty of "yard work" and I may be ready by deer season. :cool:

Bowhunter57

Attachments

• ILF 2.jpg
    ILF 2.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 131
  • ILF 1.jpg
    ILF 1.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 123
  • ILF 3.jpg
    ILF 3.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 131
  • ILF 4.jpg
    ILF 4.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 130
That is a fine looking bow! Do mind telling me the cost? Assume you purchased from 3 Rivers.
Thanks! I'm happy with the way it turned out, as far as looks and performance. 😎

I did some price comparisons between 3 Rivers Archery and Lancaster Archery. Then I found a place called Bowhunting Outlet that had the riser for $187, compared to $289. 🤔
Same thing with the limbs. I found a set for $195, on eBay, compared to $260.
The string was ordered from Amazon. 😁 At $22 for Fast Flight, I couldn't pass it up.

Bottom line...like anything else, it pays to shop around. 👍💯

Bowhunter57

I added some self-sticking grip tape, to the laminated wood riser. I gave some thought to having it checkered, but that's permanent and the wood on this riser is really nice. So far, I really like the way this grip feels with this tape on it and it will keep my gloved hand from slipping off of the handle this fall. 😁

Attachments

• Grip 1.jpg
    Grip 1.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 106
  • Grip 2.jpg
    Grip 2.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 101