Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

New ILF Limb "test drive"!

Well, I spent several hours at 3 Rivers Archery, shooting various limbs and limb lengths. :cool: I was attempting to stay with a 62" length bow, while considering how the short and medium limbs shot. 🤔

As it turns out, on my 19" Satori riser I shot:
  • A set of medium Samick R3 foam core and carbon limbs @ 45#.
  • A set of medium DAS foam core and carbon limbs @ 45#.
  • A set of Hoyt Satori limbs with their 50/50 composite @ 40#.
  • A set of short Uukha Gobi limbs with their 50/50 carbon/glass limbs @ 45#.

The Samick limbs were the noisiest with a slight vibration. Not horrible, but more noticeable, than the other limbs.
The Hoyt and DAS limbs were solid on the draw cycle and were shooting very consistent. However, the DAS limbs were definitely my 1st choice over either of those two. The DAS limb just seemed to fling an arrow harder, slightly more accurately and was a little quieter too.
Before I left, I had to try a set of the Uukha Gobi limbs and I'm glad I did. (y) I nearly walked out the door with the DAS limbs and I don't think I would've been disappointed. However, the draw cycle was what caught my attention with their "S-Curve" design, which is very smooth and allows me to settle into my anchor. The accuracy and dead-in-the-hand feel at the shot was another plus. 💯

After I got home, I spent the rest of the afternoon and evening shooting, tuning the bow and cutting arrows for perfect flight. I was wore out by sunset. Actually had to put my hands on an ice pack for a few minutes. 🙂 I ended up with a 60" length recurve with the limb/riser combination. I'll post some photos of the complete setup, after I'm done fletching, cutting, etc.

Edit/Addition: I'm not done fletching arrows, yet, but right now I've got 3 that are flying great. 💯 Easton Axis 5mm in 400 spine with a 75 gr. half-out insert and a 150 gr. tip weight for a TAW of 500 grains and a 19% FOC. 4" shield cut feathers with a left off-set. I'll feel more confident when I see them fly just as good with broadheads.
Satori 1.jpg

Satori 4.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: brock ratcliff