Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

New store/range coming to Athens?

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Down there they are one in the same, just a 25min difference on 33.

I bought my first pistol from OVT in Nelsontucky back in college after they opened the new store. I spent a lot of time in the Athens store too, it was the only bow shop in the area until the one opened behind the Athens City rec hall. That place didn't last long tho.

Creamer

Athens
The new place hosted a 3D shoot yesterday. I had no idea or I would have made plans to swing through and shoot. I only discovered it was happening when I saw the sign next to the highway on our way into town for something we had planned to attend. I looked them up on Instagram (Athens Outdoors) and saw they had advertised the shoot there a while back. Oh well, following now so I won't miss the next one.

Creamer

Athens
I swung by Saturday morning hoping to shoot the 3D course. Unfortunately, they take down the course when it's not a scheduled outdoor shoot day/event. Makes sense, and I told them I'd probably do the same thing. They are worried about theft, and I would be too. Just a couple years ago, someone pulled into All Power Equipment close to them, right in front of the highway, and stole a garden tractor off their loading dock. Damn thieves ruin things for other people.