Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

New upland hunter

How’s everyone doing ? So I have been fishing most of my life and started hunting about 10 years ago.
Would love to get into upland hunting , Ive got a 10 month old GSP I’ve been working with as much as I know how using videos and reading etc. love working with my dog !
Wondering where are some places to try public land hunting . Not particular about pheasant , quail , chukar etc. would just like places I can go and work with my pup and learn myself . Thanks guys ! Not looking for anyone’s particular spot just public areas that would be good starting places

Reactions: OO2

OO2

In the Uplands
Welcome! Hopefully some others will chime in. Have you tried the odnr website?

Maybe Deer creek?

Last edited:
Thank you ! Yes, I’ve looked and went to and scouted Jesse Owens wildlife area. Was just hoping for some more insight on public wild life areas with grassland / field type areas to try or just good areas to take my dog and try out. I’m completely new to upland hunting or hunting with a dog period. Hoping to learn some things .

OO2

In the Uplands
Same here. Ive only dove hunted deer creek but it looks like it may be appealing?

I have a Brittany pup that I’m working with as well. He’s only 4 months old but it’s amazing to see how much progress we have made thus far. Goodluck in your adventures! Keep us updated!

Reactions: GspCade

OO2

In the Uplands
You'll have to stop by if you do.
You’re more than welcome to come along. I can’t promise we won’t be running through the field busting birds but it’d still be fun. Currently working on woah with the little man while he’s on point

Reactions: giles
Same here. Ive only dove hunted deer creek but it looks like it may be appealing?

I have a Brittany pup that I’m working with as well. He’s only 4 months old but it’s amazing to see how much progress we have made thus far. Goodluck in your adventures! Keep us updated!
I’d be willing to meet up sometime and give it a shot. Me and my pup are completely green though