Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Nuisance trapping

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Ok too , so far only trap nuisance animals, want to get into trapping what do you all do with nuisance animals ?

Do you mean incidental catches when targeting fur or pure nuisance trapping? I let opossums go in the woods and around the house. They're good animals and beneficial. You can avoid catching them by not using meat or fish baits. Marshmallows etc work well for raccoons.

Left field

My go to bait is some dog food , cuz of damn cats and a lil something , something trash like contemplating stupid hot pepper sauce doughnuts , but afraid they’ll smell it

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Yes nuisance ( raccoons) in residential area , I live trap & release raccoons that get in trash, but starting to think a bullet would be better for them

Yep. Kill them. It's also illegal to relocate them. If you release them they have to be released on the same property.

If you're doing it for a living kill them somewhere else and not in front of the client.

SNIPERBBB

Se ohio
Do you mean incidental catches when targeting fur or pure nuisance trapping? I let opossums go in the woods and around the house. They're good animals and beneficial. You can avoid catching them by not using meat or fish baits. Marshmallows etc work well for raccoons.
Only way to not catch possums in traps is to not set traps. Im sure the stupid things would find a mouse trap to get into and sit there looking at you in the morning!

As far as what to do with em, you need to dispatch them. You can move them off site to do so but you can only release a live one on the same property you caught it on.

Reactions: giles