Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Out of state hunters?

140class

Central NC
From NC here. Its so much fun hunting your state. We came and hunted some public land last year. Seen some nice bucks, and killed one. We had to use the first couple days of our trip to scout and figure things out. Its a lot different then hunting In NC. So much fun though. Will be back at the end of oct till the first week of november.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
From NC here. Its so much fun hunting your state. We came and hunted some public land last year. Seen some nice bucks, and killed one. We had to use the first couple days of our trip to scout and figure things out. Its a lot different then hunting In NC. So much fun though. Will be back at the end of oct till the first week of november.

Cool stuff. And welcome to the site. :smiley_coolpeace:

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio

Glad to hear you guys had a great time in the Buckeye State! Every year I see quite a few trucks from NC down in the hills of SE Ohio... And I tell you what, you guys must know what you're doing because it seems the NC guys always have nice deer hanging around their cabins!

runhunter

Southern NJ boy here and was out in Southern Ohio last month. My girlfriend's aunt/uncle are part of a farming family and own about 400 acres of mixed terrain. Crops/ridges, timber, and half of what is as close to a mountain as I can tell haha..either way, I spent 2 days on the quad and busting brush and have a few spots picked out. I'm going to mail out 1, maybe 2 trail cams and see if her uncle will hang them for me and just mail them back in a month. Planning a end of October into November bow hunt. 5 or 6 days hopefully, and if I dont tag out, see ya gun season!!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Southern NJ boy here and was out in Southern Ohio last month. My girlfriend's aunt/uncle are part of a farming family and own about 400 acres of mixed terrain. Crops/ridges, timber, and half of what is as close to a mountain as I can tell haha..either way, I spent 2 days on the quad and busting brush and have a few spots picked out. I'm going to mail out 1, maybe 2 trail cams and see if her uncle will hang them for me and just mail them back in a month. Planning a end of October into November bow hunt. 5 or 6 days hopefully, and if I dont tag out, see ya gun season!!

Nice work landing that girl! Better put a ring on her finger ASAP! :)

10pointchuck

NH
From NH . Been hunting Ohio for 7 years now and love it more and more every year . NH hunting can be tough so its nice to come to Ohio and see numbers of deer .

runhunter

I'll be headin back out the end of this month, to do some final scouting. I figure if I spend 2 more days busting brush, I should be ok for the hunts I have planned. May come back out for season opener, still unsure. I will definitely be out end of Oct/early Nov for 8-10 days. Can't wait to hang some cameras and see what's roaming those south ridges valleys.

runhunter

Jesse, I can't wait. We may be heading to Wisconsin in September on a DIY. Have a friend who moved from NJ to WI, and recently invited us to come and spend a week out there. If I can't make that happen, I may head to the farm in OH. Not a bad alternative...All depends on work and vacation.. That'll be 2 trips in 6 weeks, and there's a chacne someone might not be too happy about that here haha, but she's a gem and understands.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Jesse, I can't wait. We may be heading to Wisconsin in September on a DIY. Have a friend who moved from NJ to WI, and recently invited us to come and spend a week out there. If I can't make that happen, I may head to the farm in OH. Not a bad alternative...All depends on work and vacation.. That'll be 2 trips in 6 weeks, and there's a chacne someone might not be too happy about that here haha, but she's a gem and understands.

Good deal! Hope it all works out and you can enjoy both hunts!!!