Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Perception Sound 10.5 Angler Kayak

The Guide 119 canoe didn't turn out to be the fishing watercraft that I'd hoped. I returned it and purchased a Perception Sound 10.5 Angler model kayak. Everything about this kayak is directed toward fishing, so I'm sure it will perform well. I'm taking it out for a test drive, this Sunday.

Bowhunter57

It's a keeper! I took it out for a test drive and it's as stable as any angler model that I've paddled. Now, I need to install the Scotty rod holders, fish finder and get back out there and catch some fish. :smiley_bril:

I did change the way that I haul it. I set it facing forward, instead of backwards. For whatever reason, this one resists the wind more than others that I've hauled, while being upside down and backwards. Aerodynamics are different than hydrodynamics and you'd think they would all haul best facing forward, but that's not been my experience.

Bowhunter57

Last edited:

Huckleberry Finn

Ha! If you spent as much time fishing as you did wheeling and dealing in your canoes and kayaks, you'd be set!

That one looks like a nice rig as well...you must be a walking (or floating?) encyclopedia of brand pros and cons

Reactions: Bowhunter57