Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Pistol Optics and Lights

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Seems like a nice setup for a ā€œhouse gunā€ but to much mass for a old fat man like me to carry into town...

Reactions: Archertl

Strizzi

I have a gen 5 Glock 19 MOS with an Trijicon RMR and Olight PL mini2 and a Gen 4 Glock 17 with a Vortex Venom and a Olight PL-2 One in each of our night stands. Sometimes Iā€™ll carry the 19 in the colder months when I have a little more clothing to help conceal but I prefer my Glock 48 most during warmer months. Iā€™ve also been looking for a 43x and once I get one Iā€™ll probably send out the 48 for an optic cut but that dream is currently on hold until after the wedding. Red dots on pistols are a game changer and make shooting accurately a lot easier and a light is a must for me for anything that serves a defensive role. Iā€™ve owned a few ā€œmouse gunsā€ And currently only use one that Iā€™ll carry in gym shorts for a running around or a quick trip but I must prefer something I know I can draw and shoot at least 10 rounds.

With those large mitts youā€™ll like the 45 over the 19, hell I wear a size large glove and prefer the 17 grip over the 19. The MOS is great if you think youā€™re going to get an optic if the future but you can also send the slide off to get it cut and itā€™ll sit a little lower.

Carry with an optic has gotten a lot more popular recently it definitely gives another advantage. Make sure you add suppressor height sights in the chance the optic fails/battery dies.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Momma shoots it better than me without the optic, so I may need to buy her one too. After 3-4 shots to get a feel for it, she put 20 rounds in a baseball at 10 steps.

20200628_193329.jpg