Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Polaris question

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Was looking at some Polaris quads today. Looking for 2 fold.

1. Its gonna plow my drive.

2. Recreational fun for the wife and I, hunting, and general 4 wheeler stuff.

Found this one and it seems a tad high but think I could get him down just a bit. Where I really need help is in the video I post up. Can anyone tell me what numbers represent what? I.E. hours, mileage. So forth and so on.

Screenshot_20210216-203543_Facebook.jpg

Any and all advice is as always appreciated.

Big Weff

Athens
I’m not sure what order they go in on that display, I have a 2018 but the display screen is totally different. I’d say whatever the higher number is would be your miles and the lower your engine hours, third may have been rpm’s or something. I’d also recommended watching for rebate deals, Polaris usually does them once a year late summer/ early fall if I remember right. $2000 rebate on the 570’s when I got mine. Hope this was helpful 🤘🏻

Reactions: Hoytmania

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
I have something different so no help on the display but when you look at plows, check out "Moose plows" if it doesn't come with one.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
So its got 1980 miles with 260 hours. Low price for this model is around 2600, with average around 3700. So he's definitely way high, thinking of offering him 4200 and see what he says.

@CJD3 what is it about the moose plows that you like about them. What sets them apart from the rest?

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
So its got 1980 miles with 260 hours. Low price for this model is around 2600, with average around 3700. So he's definitely way high, thinking of offering him 4200 and see what he says.

@CJD3 what is it about the moose plows that you like about them. What sets them apart from the rest?
I have had solid customer service. The mounting bracket that attaches to the frame on the belly of the machine fit perfectly. Jeff had bought plow from A big box sporting goods store like bass pro or cab and the mounting plate was a bitch to attach. (One of those “one size fits all deals”) A big machine like you want can easily handle a 60” blade. Also unless you only plowing in the same direction, I don’t recommend the “country” style blade. It’s more wedge shaped. Stick with the standard rectangle design. At the time I bought it 5-6 years ago. They were always one of the top rated. I’ve been hard on mine. If I needed to replace it, I’d just order another one. No shopping around. Factory direct.” Some assembly required”.

Just my 2 cents worth of input.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hoytmania and 5Cent

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Hoyt, I sold my 2015, 570 SP Hunters Edition for $5K almost 1yr. ago to date......he's way high on a model of that age.

I'd be in the 3500-4K range on an offer if it fits your needs. You can get into a base Sportsman 450 for around $6K new.

I also agree with sequence of info on that display, miles, then hours, then idle rpm.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I’m not sure about as of late... But this summer, prices of new ATVs were through the roof. I bought my 2017 Suzuki brand new. This summer, a buddy of mine was thinking about getting one. Same exact machine, but a 2020, was $3000 more than what I paid, and didn’t include any extras. My price included plow, winch, tax title the whole shebang.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
I’m not sure about as of late... But this summer, prices of new ATVs were through the roof. I bought my 2017 Suzuki brand new. This summer, a buddy of mine was thinking about getting one. Same exact machine, but a 2020, was $3000 more than what I paid, and didn’t include any extras. My price included plow, winch, tax title the whole shebang.
I'd like me some shebang!