Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Pole saw

Jamie

Ohio
I'd have to think real hard about the last time I needed solvent of any sort to clean up. The residential end of the painting trade is very green now. lots of paint products are zero VOC, and almost all are "low" VOC. I'm going to live longer because I didn't spend my entire life spraying lacquer. and now I barely ever have to sniff gasoline. (y)

Reactions: bowhunter1023

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I went out the other day and ended up getting the Kobalt pole saw..I like the trigger system better than the dewalt and easier to take apart to clean and adjust chain. Tried it out for awhile and so far really like it.
20211125_121318.jpg

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
One thing I have noticed, after about a dozen cuts I will check the tightness of the chain. Usually at that point I’ll tighten it up. Takes about 30 seconds too do. Not a big deal and maybe I just need too add a little extra too the thumb screw too prevent that from happening. Not keen on the idea of using a pair of pliers on a plastic wing nut but it may do the trick.

Brian, have you noticed this as well?

Reactions: bowhunter1023

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
One thing I have noticed, after about a dozen cuts I will check the tightness of the chain. Usually at that point I’ll tighten it up. Takes about 30 seconds too do. Not a big deal and maybe I just need too add a little extra too the thumb screw too prevent that from happening. Not keen on the idea of using a pair of pliers on a plastic wing nut but it may do the trick.

Brian, have you noticed this as well?
Havnt used it enough yet J but will keep an eye on it next time and let ya know..

Reactions: "J"

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Havnt used it enough yet J but will keep an eye on it next time and let ya know..
Between my place and my sons place it’s gotten a workout.
It does recommend draining the bar oil out of it while in storage and I do that. Doesn’t hold a lot and is an easy fill and then dumping back into the bar oil jug.
I gave it a workout cutting a limb about 8” and if you take your time it’ll do it with very little effort.

Reactions: Sgt Fury